2012년 1월 11일 수요일

My history presentation on cowboys!

Here's how I did in the presentation today
Hello, I am Jin and I am going to do a history presentation on cowboys. Of course, everybody in this room has heard of cowboys. When people think of cowboys, they mostly think of a horse and his rider, galloping down the hill. The truth about cowboys were very different. I wanted to know and tell you about how real cowboys were. So I decided to make my topic, cowboys.

The definition of cowboys is an animal herder who tends cattles on ranches in North America. The word 'cowboys' comes from the word 'Vaquero' . Vaqueros ere similar to cowboys who usually worked in Mexico. Vaqueros were made when the Spanish found South America.

So naturally. cowboys had a deep historic root, tracing back to Spain and the earliest europien settlers of America. But the time when cowboys were mostly popular, was staring around 1860's. After the civil war, the Texas economy in stock-farming was only a small part of beef in the northern cities.-Suddenly, in the 1865, cattlesmen with their rushes, changed this. And in 10 years, cowboys spread from Texas to Canada, west as far as from the rocky mountains to the great plains. This was a very quick change.

Next, I will explain how they moved. 2,500 cattles usually moved with 8~12 cowboys, riding on horseback. I think only a little number of cowboys had to take care of such a huge number of cattles.
I have a lot more, but I will publish them tomorrow.

댓글 1개: