2012년 1월 10일 화요일

Ode to sleep

Ode to sleep
Hi, sleep. You are calling me now. But I will writ this letter to you instead.
First, I want to thank you. You came whenever I called you and you led me away from any kind of situation with your soft, delicate arms. Sometimes you gave me dreams. You can give many unique, strange dreams. This dream might be too bad that I would wake up sweating, or so sweet I would wish to keep it forever. You give solutions that can happen in the real world, and sometimes it worked. You also helped me forget stress and make me comfortable.

 When I was younger, I couldn't know how good you are. You were one of my three worst thins on earth: cold, food, and sleep. I didn't know that I had to get some resources to make energy. I was full of excitement and I thought there was enough energy inside me.
I thought you were so boring and there were so many things to see. Night wasn't one of my favorites, too. While everyone was out in the day, night was very quiet. Night wanted to give me peace, but I couldn't realize that. But if you hadn't been there, I woldn't have been very tired. So even if I didn't like you, thank you for waiting and being patience.

 As I grew up, I began to like you. I saw that you gave me peace and you took away my stress. Most importantly, I began to know that I became sick if I didn't allow you. You also helped me heal when I was sick. So now I understand why doctors give me medicine that helps me to make you come faster.

 So thanks for what you have helped me, and giving me interesting dreams. I hope you don't give me bad dreams (sometimes they are so scary!). You must be tired to be moving around so many people. Get some sleep!!(haha)
I will see you tonight, and bye!!

댓글 2개:

  1. Your writing is full of wit! I am also impressed by your writing skills! But I am confused in the part that you talk about "night." It would be better if you elaborate more on the idea.

    답글삭제
  2. Good work! It is true that kids learn to love sleep the older they get. I find I can never get the sleep I want on the weekend, and wake up early when I don't have to. But when I DO have to wake up early for work, I want to sleep. WHY??? Sleep doesn't like me I guess. Good stuff!

    답글삭제